July 15, 2019
We will be happy to do it together with you! You are invited to a comprehensive consultation meeting or to fill out the questionnaire on our website
We shall conduct a simulation that will give you an idea of the timetable and necessary requirements. Join twenty thousand people from all around the world who do it every year.
15 days later
- If the answer is Yes, we’ll give you the time to think it over and get used to the idea
- Signing of a written agreement for immigration services to start the process.
60 days later
- Completion and submission of EOI – Expression of Interest
90 days later
- We have up to 4 months to submit the forms and all accompanying documents
180 days later
- Start looking for a job (for those who want to arrive with a job already set up)
- The clearer and more accurate your documents, the shorter the process will be!
240 days later
• After paying the Levy fees and finalising other INZ requests, you need to send your passports to the relevant office to have them stamped with the residence visa.
• You did it big time … New Zealand wants you! Now you need to start preparing for your relocation.
Four months to arrival
• Find a medical insurance
• Translate your resume into English in NZ format
• Book flight tickets
• Cancel direct debits that you will not need
• Opening a bank account in New Zealand over the Internet
• Take care of your pension provisions
• Inform those who need to know that you are leaving the country
• Cancel subscriptions and last standing payment orders
• Transfer funds to a New Zealand account
• Sell what’s left in the house
• Notice of departure to those who need to know including at work
• Obtaining documents from your current employer
• Book motel / apartment or hotel for the first week in New Zealand
• Issue an international driver’s License
One month to arrival
- Medical insurance
- Continue the job search
- Book flight tickets
- Review the educational options for children
Arrival to New Zealand
- Hiring a car for a week
- Buying a car from a dealership or in an auction
- Acclimatization in the new environment (find your near supermarket, post office, bank etc…)
- Connections to all infrastructure: Electricity, SKY (cable), municipality, gas
- Looking for parks, shopping malls, sports clubs nearby, etc.
- Registration to educational institutions
- Getting to know the new family physician
- Start working or looking for a job
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this SMC process timeline simulation is only an assessment for a standard SMC application and does not represent the actual time that required for an individual application. The actual timeline is influenced by the INZ decisions-making process and other external influences that might change the timeline (as well as your cooperation with the adviser and your documents’ quality)
Furthermore, this is not an official timeline and there is no guarantee of a positive final EOI outcome or from the response of the Immigration New Zealand (INZ). This evaluation is based on known information at this time and therefore changes that may occur in the future could impact your potential eligibility to apply for a visa to New Zealand. This timeline assumes that the information you provided (such as details about your work experience, education, English language skills, health, character, etc.) is accurate and you should understand that any inaccuracies of the information you provided could have an impact on the assessment of your potential eligibility to apply for immigration to New Zealand. You hereby acknowledge and are aware that this timeline is not a formal assessment nor does it imply any commitment from Immigration New Zealand (INZ) and that INZ is not obligated to accept the outcome of this assessment, and your official EOI points score from INZ may not be sufficient to start the application process.
The purpose of this timeline simulation is just to give you an idea in general of the duration of an SMC process if everything goes well.
Consequently, you should NOT quit your job, sell your home, or take any other measures to move to New Zealand until you receive official written notification that you have been approved for a visa to New Zealand.